Here is the next in what will likely be a long series of semi-regular review roundups — links, without extensive further comment, to the reviews I found most intriguing over the past few
weeks months (I went on hiatus during the winter holidays). For the previous foray into the secondary literature, see here.
- Threats to the Mind. Aging, Amyloid, and Hypertension, Iadecola et al.
Apoptosis & cancer:
- The genetics of the p53 pathway, apoptosis and cancer therapy, Vazquez et al.
- Endocrine alterations in response to calorie restriction in humans, Redman & Ravussin
- Diabetes and the risk of multi-system aging phenotypes: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Lu et al.
- The Klotho gene family, the endocrine fibroblast growth factors, Kurosu and Kuro-o
- Stem Cells, Their Niches and the Systemic Environment: An Aging Network, Drummond-Barbossa
- …and progeria: Telomere dysfunction and dyskeratosis congenita, Walne & Dokal
- …and structure: Telomere-associated proteins: cross-talk between telomere maintenance and telomere-lengthening mechanisms, De Boeck et al.